Wednesday, April 2, 2014

All About Me

On the 24th day of November in the year of 1998, a gift from God was sent to single mother at the time Kari Williams. Being born between the hours of nine and ten pm I, Tyra J. Williams, was born. Located at Michael Reese hospital in delivery room 210. I grew up on the Westside of Chicago until I turned three, then I moved to Orland Hills until age five with my mother, grandparents, and two older cousins. After turning five years old, my mother and I moved back to the city. We moved back to the Westside and there I got a little brother and started attending a school called Bronson Elementary School. While attending Bronson my mother found work on the Eastside of Chicago and we moved to nice area out there. While living there I attended a school called Parkside Community Academy. My mother, brother, and I then moved to another area on the Eastside and I went to a school called Sherman Elementary School. My mother and stepfather married and I got two more younger siblings. After my parents married we all moved to Southside and I started attending a school called Scott Joplin Elementary School. After graduating from Joplin I started High School at CICS Ralph Ellison. I am now a 9th grader and I play girls basketball at Ellison, I am also a member of the Student Council. Here at Ellison I enjoy all my classes, due to the fact that I learn something new each time I enter a classroom. I always feel challenged  and motivated when my teachers expect me to do great. I have three favorite teachers attending Ellison. Those teachers are Mr. Braggs, Mrs. Besson, and Ms. Raveedran. These three teachers are my favorite because they make their classes a place for me to enjoy. They are three teachers who I connect with because they challenge me. When I feel like I'm going to fail they remind me that only I hold my success. Set aside from school I have many things I like to do. I love to listen to music; I enjoy listening to R&B, HipHop, and Gospel music. I like romance, horror and  mystery movies. During my free time I like to write poetry and realistic fiction stories. My bestfriends included three boys and one girl. De'Anthony, De'Qwan, Bryan, and Jocelyn are my bestfriends because they know me better than any person I've known. The four of them know how to make me laugh and they keep me happy. I've never created a blog but I feel like it'll be another way for me to get my writing and creative ideas out for people to see.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tyra I found out so many things about you that I haven't known at all. Reading this blog entry has really shown me the character you are out side of school because I've never got to know in school due to the snake schedule.My biggest question is if you were the only child do you think you would have attended Ralph Ellison? Reading this blog I predict that you will be good at this thing. Do you think that being born on another said of town would have made you a different person than you are from today


    Lamont Petty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lamont. I don't think being an only child would've stopped me from attending Ellison and I do think I would be different if I stayed on the west or east side, but for the worse. If I stayed in Orland Hills, however, I think I would be the same.

    ReplyDelete